View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 08:16 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: TPMS Receiver Replace?

Originally Posted by Wadsworth
Smart Sensor Auto Locate 433MHz Programmable Part No. 17-43024

Just had these installed on my SRT6 at Waukegan Tire at their Park City, IL location. They had no trouble cloning three of the sensors but the fourth sensor was dead and they could not clone.
They got on the phone with Smart Sensor and were told they needed OEM program to program the fourth sensor. They did not have one but called around to other local tire shops and found one.
They ran the car over there were able to get the fourth sensor working. This did take an extra 3 hours to complete with them trying to trouble shoot this issue and running over to the other tire shop.
No extra charge and a apology for taking so long. They also checked out my suspension free of charge. There is no substitute for a good shop if you can find one.

I doubt that the original post really had a problem with the receiver.
So what we learn here is that you should clone your sensors before the battery dies in them. If your tires are still OK you may have the sensors sit around for a while before you fit them to new tires.
Your part number is for the Crossfire’s using sensors for the 433MHz band, they also make sensors for Crossfires using the 315MHz band. CLICK

They also make a sensor for the 315MHz band and the 433MHz band. CLICK
How much did each sensor cost please.
I would say that you hit upon a very obliging tire store.
Thanks for the input.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Smart Sensor tpms.pdf (269.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-28-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: I'll get the info correct one day.