View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 11:16 PM
amx1397
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: swapped diff in less than one hour

Originally Posted by DHS
So did you have to pull the spring on the right side with the arms detached? Is the drive shafts on the diff bolted to it? I have a diff coming from Quaife to put in my NA coupe. It should be here the first of next week in a diff I sent them. So can this be done over a weekend by one person? The car will be on a lift and I can get help lowering the diff and putting the new one own.
I can handle the exhaust and have changed the drive shaft center bearing last year.
Dan
remove,, ( take loose one side let the arms just stau there out of your way all the arms & shock ,sway bar link , remove nut on axle pull down and forward on brake rotor ,, remove spring, this is on the pass side (leave the a-arm connected on both ends.
put diff on tranny jack , slowly pry out the drivers side axle as you move the diff to the left and down then the drivers axle will come out, ( this is after the exhaust and the back half driveshaft is out of the car,, there are two notches on the drive shaft that line up with one notch on the long shaft,,,, for alignment /balance, then put it back the same way.