View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 01:54 PM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Pulley exploded?

Originally Posted by MoCross
Hi all,

I lost PS/AC and popped the hood and saw the belt had come off a couple days ago. I just went to put the belt back on and found the #4 guide pulley missing.

So I guess I need to buy a new one, does anyone have a part number/link anything that identifies this pulley as more then a "guide" pulley.

and secondly... has anyone ever heard of this happening before and what the heck could have caused this? A little freaked out honestly and hoping I don't continue to find damage caused by this.

Thank you!
my initial thought is that you have had the ASP idler give it up (your Waterpump pulley also looks like it came in an ASP Crank Pulley kit ... furthering my suspicion).... then I see that it looks like you have an aftermarket SC pulley ..... are you running stacked ?

where is the pulley that came off?

if you were using a factory pulley (which I tend to doubt) this is the replacement https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...-202-01-19-M22

if you did have the reduced diameter ASP idler, and still have the pulley (should be in your belly pan) you should be able to replace the bearing.

hope that helps,
Chris