View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 04:11 PM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Pulley exploded?

Originally Posted by MoCross
I found a picture I had taken when I put in the SC Pulley.. and it shows the now missing pulley...

It looks like the #4 Guide Pulley.. in the diagram is called the Large Idler Pulley m112k
by needswings… But they also say it's eliminated with the ASP Pulley saver kit. So I'm guessing I don't have the ASP PSK.

Thanks
your pulley is probably a 181mm (measure it to confirm). If it were a 185 and you were running stacked, you would likely have issues (extreme manifold pressure, insufficient fuel, etc) if you were at normal elevations.

As far as I know, only Rob (needwings) and I have supplied a BWK/PSK for the M112k (this engine) .... ASP has no PSK (or BWK/Belt wrap kit) for this engine (they do/did make the pulleys for the M113k BWK) It would seem that you have/had a Crank, Waterpump and idler made by ASP.

If you were to Get a BWK/PSK it would solve your problem. I am not selling that kit anymore SO ... Rob's kit Has been and still is a good product for this application. (make sure you tell rob about your Crank and SC pulley sizes so he can see if he has a configuration of belt and support pulleys that will work best for your application).

Or, if you like I can sell you a replacement for the ASP pulley that blew up and dissappeared. As I indicated before, I have an ASP pulley (same as you had) ... AND (as a better choice) I have a better quality (double bearing) Custom version of a Metco Motorsports pulley (that is made just for this application/location).

Chris
latemodel21@yahoo.com

Last edited by latemodel21; 07-12-2018 at 04:14 PM.