View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:13 PM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Pulley exploded?

Originally Posted by MoCross
I went ahead and ordered the PSK from needswings. I think getting the new pulleys and a new belt sounds like a good idea, I don't want to keep having issues. This car isn't my daily driver, but running stacked 181/65.. do you think it will be reliable? Like I could drive 500 miles without a tow truck following me? lol

You've been a Big help Chris and it is greatly appreciated.
Hi Mocross, The Needswings PSK/BWK should take care of your needs (you did mention to Rob that you are running 181/65, correct?)

as far as the reliability of running stacked. that really depends on how thoroughly you set-up the car for this "approaching-extreme" set-up. These cars are nearly bulletproof as built with a reasonable safety margin .... but start adding more boost and you need some precautions (proper tune at the least) ... add more boost (as in your set-up) and you SHOULD monitor your A/F ratio... or at the least, have a custom tune done on the dyno. It is likely (depending on altitude where you drive) that you will find that in order to keep correct Air/Fuel ratios, you will need to go to larger injectors and a better fuel pump.

there are at least a few on this forum that run this set-up that have participated in threads discussing the particulars ... I would read those threads thoroghly.

hope that helps!
Chris

P.S. Do keep your tow service fees up to date in any case