View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 10:30 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 384 Likes on 331 Posts
Default Re: Soft Brake problem

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
Yes, would love to hear a solution for this everlasting problem. Where do you get the gauge that is referred to that measures the pressure in the brake line. I guess that could tell us if we have a master cylinder that has a bleed off problem at the seal, or if a brake caliper is having a bleed off problem. Let me know about this. A firm pedal, like that on the American made cars and the Japanese imports is what I feel is desirable. My wife has a Subaru and the pedal on that barely moves and the pedal starts getting firm. I had a Chev. HHR until recently and the brake's were great on that car, too! Very nice brake feel!

I solicit any helpful information.

Jim
Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
Yes I know what ya mean , I don’t remember my Crossfire having that much brake pedal travel before this year ! That’s why it felt so strange when I brought it out last week for the 1st time ! My Stang & my Tacoma brakes are so much better ! Hoping I get some answers from MB this week I hope ! Thinking of having them do a brake fluid flush 1st because never been done ! Hope that helps out with both problems !
As said before, the spongy soft brake pedals can be solved with a bleed/flush with new DOT4 fluid. Many have had this occure with old fluid. Try it, least expensive and least troublesome solution!