View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 04:15 PM
CROSSFIRERUSH
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default How proactive should a new owner be??

I purchased a low mile (just turned 40,000) on 7/27/18. Previous owner did brakes and replaced 02 sensors and an oil change. The car drives out nice. I have no issues other than realizing a coupe does carry some road noise. More than likely tires as these are 6 years old.

To bench her under my care I have changed the oil (Mobil 1 0W-40 and a Mann oil filter)... I DO like the no mess oil filter change!! Cabin and air filters are next

My point on this thread is how proactive should I be with no issues experienced? I've read about the SKREEM, watched the fix on the stuck key, read today about the intercooler pump failures and finally the relay module solder fix. I'm from that camp that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. BUT, you guys and gals who have had much more experience with these cars over a longer period of time; what, if any, of these issues would you address 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc...?...knowing that you are driving a car that is NOT exhibiting any of these issues, proactively??

I'm not much of a gambler AND don't embrace the belief that she's a time bomb. Deal with it when it happens or be proactive??

Appreciate your responses.

Regards,