View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 03:45 PM
geogramps
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator fan not coming on?

I have managed to get through all of the XF fixes posted by the members here for the 8 years I have owned my car. I am not able to work on my car myself any more. I have to rely on mechanic for repairs. Early this week I heard a strange noise under the hood as I was approaching a stop sign(like something let go). Couldn't find anything under hood. Now I noticed that the radiator fan doesn't seem to come on any more. The car heats up and the coolant light comes on. The ac fan still works (all speeds). I tapped on the radiator fan once and it spun for a few seconds and stopped. Hasn't come on since. Going to have to take it to an ac shop that comes highly recommend here in San Diego. Any ideas what might have to be replaced and how many hundreds it might cost My car is a daily driver that has been good to me. I'm 75yrs old and don't want another car. Everyone tells me my XF is the nicest they have ever seen. Get lots of attention when I go to local Cars and Coffee. I enjoy taking care of her. I realize I'm going to have to pay for the work. Just don't want to get taken.