View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 09:06 AM
onehundred80
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Replacement Key Fob - Do they work

Originally Posted by Tbirdtony
onehundred80, The replacement key fob I received had many issues. The plastic circle that holds the batteries was badly bent and almost cut in half. The Panic button keeps falling out and doesn't align with the switch on the circuit card. The original key does not fit very well in the new replacement fob and won't let you close the two large plastic parts together. It really was a piece of junk. I photographed the issues and the seller said that he was sorry and he refunded my money.
I said my one was fine, I got it some six years ago, I got two at the time. Others have said that there were problems with some of them, different makers I am sure.
I doubt that any are made in the States, probably imported and shipped from the States at a good mark up. Many items are sold like this by importers, I try to avoid buying Chinese made parts from importers, I go straight to China if possible. shipping from China is cheap and often included in the items price.
I hate to pay someone who has stopped making something here in North America, has it made in Chine then charges what he used to charge when it was made here. They got rid of their employees and use cheaper Chinese labor, so screw those bastards.