Replacement Key Fob - Do they work - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Replacement Key Fob - Do they work

Old 08-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Default Replacement Key Fob - Do they work

Hi,
The plastic case on one of my 04 Crossfire key fobs is in bad shape. The key works and the buttons for lock and unlock work. I found replacement Crossfire key fobs on Ebay (see attached pictures). Has anyone bought one of these replacement key fob cases? I want to make sure that I can take my current key fob apart and install my key and the electronics circuit card in the new replacement key fob case without any

trouble. I would appreciate any comments, procedures, etc. Thanks.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Default Re: Replacement Key Fob - Do they work

Originally Posted by Tbirdtony View Post
Hi,
The plastic case on one of my 04 Crossfire key fobs is in bad shape. The key works and the buttons for lock and unlock work. I found replacement Crossfire key fobs on Ebay (see attached pictures). Has anyone bought one of these replacement key fob cases? I want to make sure that I can take my current key fob apart and install my key and the electronics circuit card in the new replacement key fob case without any

trouble. I would appreciate any comments, procedures, etc. Thanks.
They work just fine, I put one of these together with the good parts of my old fob.
There is a PDF on how to do this in the Fob repair section in the link in my signature.
Just make sure you do not lose the chip inside your old fob and secure it well in the new fob.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:53 AM

OneHundred80,
Thanks. I'll order one and use your instructions.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:37 PM

I was just reading in a different thread on the same subject that although a duplicate key ordered through Ebay will open the door, the transceiver in the key has to be programmed for you to drive the car.

I once got burned for the same thing ordering a FOB on Ebay for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Sure, the key inside the FOB fit the door lock but that was all it did. I ended up paying the Chrysler dealer almost 300 bucks for a duplicate that would allow me to drive the car.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post910452

As a side note, I am done with Chryslers and all the BS that comes with it. I have owned a total of five Chryslers in my life. It's Japanese makes from here on.

Last edited by David M; 08-12-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by David M View Post
I was just reading in a different thread on the same subject that although a duplicate key ordered through Ebay will open the door, the transceiver in the key has to be programmed for you to drive the car.

I once got burned for the same thing ordering a FOB on Ebay for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Sure, the key inside the FOB fit the door lock but that was all it did. I ended up paying the Chrysler dealer almost 300 bucks for a duplicate that would allow me to drive the car.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post910452

As a side note, I am done with Chryslers and all the BS that comes with it. I have owned a total of five Chryslers in my life. It's Japanese makes from here on.
You are reading his post wrong, he will use all his fob components except the case.