View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 02:12 PM
THETESTER
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Body Reset?

Had the X-fire for over 11 years now. Always wanted to do as much as possible myself, but have always been concerned that I may "mess it up" break something or simply not have the courage to give it a try. Well today I managed my first oil change.....it was harder getting the plastic under-tray off and on than actually changing the oil and filter. While I was in the engine bay I decided to change the coolant as well, better to do it on a warm dry day (those are few and far in the UK). Again no problems, so it has all gone well....I have just reset the FSS, again had to read the instructions a few times, but it now reads 10000, so I appear to have had a good day.

The car feels like it runs better, I know its just a feeling, but it's a positive feeling.

Now down to the real serious stuff "The Throttle Body reset". I have read the threads and this appears to be something that does make the car run better. I have read the instructions, but I do not have the courage to go ahead with it.

Can anyone please tell me what this reset actually does
Why is it required
and more importantly what can go wrong.....will i regret it, will I break it, if I break it can I fix it?

Many thanks
Mark