View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:47 AM
grip grip
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 2005 SSB Crossfire SRT6 - 72K miles

Originally Posted by bigreddog
Your SRT6 looks nice. I think your asking price is pretty fair. I'm not quite ready to buy yet because I need to sell my heavily modded 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST. I've heard of multiple people saying the trunk fills up with water. How do you fix this? If I don't buy this vehicle in time before it sells, then maybe I'll be able to buy your next project.
Originally Posted by STRANDD
I bought Grip's previous SRT6 last September. I've put about 5,000 miles on it. I feel like he was thorough on the cleanup/fix up. The only problem I've had was the SKREEM module. He had replaced it 3 months before it went bad. Just a lemon part is my guess, which wasn't his fault. He showed me a copy of the receipt and I verified it with Needswings. I couldn't return the SKREEM for a possible refund since I did the work myself. A licensed mechanic would have had to taken it out. Other than that, everything has been fine. I have replaced a few other parts and did the sticky key fix just because it's an old car and didn't want to chance problems with them. I don't know about hp's, claimed or otherwise.....but I do know I stomp the pedal and get thrown back in the seat and can spin the tires in 1st and 2nd pretty easily (I haven't tried it in 3rd). I didn't know about the crossfire forum until he told me about it. I reviewed his previous posts and ones one this car. I got the feeling that he knows what he's doing around a car but he's not afraid to ask for help if there's something he doesn't know about. I personally wouldn't hesitate buying another car from him, if I was looking. Hope this helps.
Glad to see your SRT is still running strong, Paul.

Originally Posted by David M
I would look on KBB, Edmunds and Cargurus for present Crossfire values. They are approximations and not an exact science.
+1

Originally Posted by bigreddog
I've learned that certain cars can't be given a price on pricing websites. For example, my 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST isn't worth much according to websites, but it's a 95, the most desirable year and it has over $10,000 in modifications not including labor. I don't live in an area that is great to sell sport cars. I'm thinking of putting it on eBay Motors as an auction. I know I am going to lose money on it, but just how much remains to be seen. I've seen a lot of Crossfire SRT6's in the $10,000 price level, but I've seen a lot of them and there are all still for sale. This car on here looks really clean and it sounds like everything is working well so I think it's worth it. I don't want to go in debt for it though so I need to unload my Eclipse first. If it's still available then it's meant to be, but if it's gone then I'm sure I'll find a good one out there.
I wouldn't give away the Eclipse if I was you. You might want to try ebay, but set a min and post info on all the mods along with dyno and slips if you have them. Can you send me a CL link to the car if you have it listed?