Thread: SKREEM Options
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Padgett
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Options

As I mentioned would have bought the $250 special but did not know what car might need. From what I have seen it is a security feature that seems to add more annoyance than security. With a ECU memory dump it should not be hard to bypass the function entirely.

That said while I have reprogrammed a lot of devices from GM cars to military aircraft, I have never taken a Merc apart, about all I know is that the ECU seems to have been supplied by Bosch and not what is inside it.

Now my guess would be that Needswings probably has an NDA in place that limits what they may do/tell. I don't but really do not know how to start. since I doubt that the CPU is a Motorolla/Hitachi 6809 or even an 8086.

Bottom line first I would need a test unit. Second I would need to buy/build a way to dump/load the memory (KESS ?). Since apparently there is not a DIY merc/crossie programming group, I would need to start from ground zero and could take several months to accomplish particularly if I have to build a test bed. Quick way might be a totaled car that still runs. Just a thought.

ps has anyone ever had or used a KESS/KTAG ? Am trying to figure out which one I need.

Last edited by Padgett; 10-03-2018 at 11:44 PM.