Thread: SKREEM Options
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Wildcard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Options

in general, a project will have a specific goal of amount of money to raise, and backers will get rewards for various levels of backing. In our case (I'll make up the next numbers here): perhaps there's small dollar contribution level of $10, which would get the backer a thank you email; next level would be a pre-ordering a replacement SKREEM-R ($400), next level would be SKREEM-R + Key + tumbler ($800). Maybe we also have a limited reward level for the one or two people that are willing to send their gear in to get reverse engineered where they get a massive discount on the finished product. If the goal were $30K, the community would have a 60-90 days for the project to meet the funding goal. If it's funded, money is deducted from those pledging, and given to the creators (for us, it would be the individual working with a company that does this sort of reverse engineering/production). If it doesn't meet the goal, the project doesn't launch off the ground, and we're back where we started. Ideally, the person running the project would have the community's trust to keep us up-to-date on progress.

https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us

The unfortunate aspect is that Kickstarter does take a percentage of the final amount raised, so the minimum amount required for the project would have to take that into account, I'd even say add in a few extra bucks to cover the individual's time in managing this.

For the record, NO, I'm not pitching to run this project. I've never put myself in a position to gain the trust of the community, nor do I have the time or connections.