Thread: SKREEM Options
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Chooch
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Options

But the SKREEM module must be configured with the "Secret" code for your VIN that matches the transponder chip in your keys.
Even if the equipment required to reprogram the SKREEM was obtained, we'd still need the "Secret" database held by Chrysler to match codes to VINs.
(Reading the SLKWORLD and BENZWORLD site comments, Daimler maintains their own "Secret" code database for Mercedes Benz cars.)
Somehow, I don't think Chrysler will cooperate and provide the codes. Besides, if the codes were released there would be a potential that a bad actor could breach the security of existing VIN SKREEMs resulting in legal exposure with possible auto thefts.
But, until a means to bypass the SKREEM check of the Key transponder chip can be developed, Chrysler still has us by the short curlies.
I believe that it is patently unfair for Chrysler to hold the entire population of Crossfire owners hostage by price gouging and threat of discontinuation of a critical single-point-of-failure component that can instantly turn our cars into useless scrap.
The cause to develop a workaround is needed and just. But at my current stage in life, I've wimped out and paid the unfair price for the new SKREEM.
So far, I'm sleeping better at night, but it is not caused from the reduced size of my wallet...
Cheers,

Last edited by Chooch; 11-07-2018 at 05:09 PM.