All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

SKREEM Options

Old 04-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Options

I'm following this thread for my SIL who has a 2004 crossfire, that has been at a local repair shop for over 5 weeks waiting on a skreem module from Chrysler. If anyone knows the current status of the following, I'd appreciate a replay. Thanks in advance;

1) Are the modules still back ordered from Chrysler? MB?
2) Can a different module be cloned from a non-functioning module? Who does this?
3) Does the battery disconnect/remove fuse 9 allow the car to be used?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LadyMills

So what's the definitive word on a PCM that was started too many times under fault? Lost cause? Can it be replaced? Is it VIN specific?
No, that is not a thing. It is just another instance of how limited Chrysler is on being able to diagnose these cars. Not the Chrysler tech's fault.

This is the reason why we request the ECM and keys when someone wishes to buy a new SKREEM from us. Never fun to buy a new part and find that nothing has changed. We can make it run again unless it has an actual hardware fault. In that case, we can replace it for you.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by xodus52
As far as I know, the PCM/ECU is not vin-coded. I can't believe they're on indefinite back order though. I'm going to be on the phone with the parts department at my local dealership up here in Seattle, and see if that's still the case. At least you can get one of them as a working solution from another junked crossfire; unlike a SKREEM unit. I'm also still not convinced that the PCM/ECU becomes inoperable after 30+ attempts, because I've seen so much conflicting information around it; and the only one's claiming that that is indeed the case seem to be dealerships that have proven to be incompetent otherwise, and would be more than happy to sell someone a unit they don't actually need.
Yes, the ECM is VIN coded and also has an immobilizer code between the SKREEM and ECM that must match to enable starting. When the common start-die issue happens, it is often sudden. Long before 30 attempts to start. Even if you have had 30+ attempts and the SKREEM is actually the fault, a new SKREEM installation will fix the problem.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by sosxfire
No, that is not a thing. It is just another instance of how limited Chrysler is on being able to diagnose these cars. Not the Chrysler tech's fault.
Thank you for clarifying that the ECM isn't permanently bricked after 30+ failed attempts.

Originally Posted by sosxfire
We can make it run again unless it has an actual hardware fault. In that case, we can replace it for you.
Are the SKREEM module failures that are becoming more common attributable to software malfunctions, rather than hardware? In my case, my issues began after I left the lights on and drained the battery overnight. Have read the same for at least one other member. Has SOS encountered any other cases like this, and were they repairable?

Again, thank you for posting on the forum. It's incredibly valuable to have a reputable shop giving some clarity to a largely unresolved issue for the community.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by wyecrabber
I'm following this thread for my SIL who has a 2004 crossfire, that has been at a local repair shop for over 5 weeks waiting on a skreem module from Chrysler. If anyone knows the current status of the following, I'd appreciate a replay. Thanks in advance;

1) Are the modules still back ordered from Chrysler? MB?
2) Can a different module be cloned from a non-functioning module? Who does this?
3) Does the battery disconnect/remove fuse 9 allow the car to be used?
1) As far as I can tell they are. However, I just spoke with a parts rep at a Seattle dealership who relayed that their system is showing an estimate of 4/17, and oddly enough that they see no other orders in the pipeline for the module (Part #: 5099541AA / A170 820 18 26). Perhaps I happened to call just after Chrysler finally started clearing orders, or more likely Chrysler's record keeping on this is as fucky as the scenario itself has been. Don't know what to make of it, but that's what I got. Hopefully someone else who's had the part on back order can weigh in.

2) Although there's been a few differing reports on this, none of them have been confirmed beyond speculation. I've spoken to both Alex Payless Car Keys Corp. (auto locksmith) and ModuleGods and both have reported that they've had no success in being able to fully clone the Crossfire SKREEM module. Hopefully SOS Diagnostics ( user: sosxfire) can weigh in, as they are the only other reputable destination I've come across that may be able to do so. However, they've been backed up since the new year with Crossfire orders, and I've not been able to get a response from their Crossfire team over the past few months.

3) It does for some cases. But this is very likely because the SKREEM module was not actually the part that was causing their no-start issue. It was very likely something else throwing a fault like the CPS pump or anti-towing security module (part #: A 193 820 01 26) in the trunk; usually due to water damage. Pulling the #9 fuse would affect these parts, but have nothing to do with the SKREEM module, as it isn't on the circuit. I've personally had no luck after pulling the #9 fuse, and my issue still persists. As for the battery disconnect/reconnect: this should be step one in trying to rectify a no-start issue. So it should be easy to identify if this rectifies the issue for you or not.

Last edited by xodus52; 04-13-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:15 PM

Are the SKREEM module failures that are becoming more common attributable to software malfunctions, rather than hardware? In my case, my issues began after I left the lights on and drained the battery overnight. Have read the same for at least one other member. Has SOS encountered any other cases like this, and were they repairable?
So for, in most cases, we have been able to reuse the original SKREEM after programming and they have continued to work. As long as you module still communicates with a scan tool and you can read live data for the key transponder, it will not need to be replaced.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:21 PM

1)

2) Although there's been a few differing reports on this, none of them have been confirmed beyond speculation. I've spoken to both Alex Payless Car Keys Corp. (auto locksmith) and ModuleGods and both have reported that they've had no success in being able to fully clone the Crossfire SKREEM module. Hopefully SOS Diagnostics ( user: sosxfire) can weigh in, as they are the only other reputable destination I've come across that may be able to do so. However, they've been backed up since the new year with Crossfire orders, and I've not been able to get a response from their Crossfire team over the past few months.
I'm very sorry if you did not receive a response. I am not sure how you have not been able to get an answer from our tech department. If you have a Gmail account, please check your SPAM box as they seem to be blocking us from time to time for some reason. As far as I know, i have no unanswered emails in my inbox. We are open Mon-Thur and try to answer most requests in on business day. We are currently under standard turnaround times.

Cloning a module that is not working will not get your car running. We can restore it and get you running again.

Last edited by sosxfire; 04-13-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:53 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

This is the buzz on Facebook right now
Derrick Johnson said he used this company and got positive results

S.O.S. Diagnostics

********Crossfire won't start ?*********

• SKREEM modules are currently unavailable from Chrysler
    • We have solutions to get your car back on the road
  • Crank - fire - stall? You may have an immobilizer fault
    • Does disconnecting the battery temporarily allow the car to start?
    • Email us for a quote to test / repair your system
  • We have complete test vehicles to confirm ECU operation
************************************************** ************************************************** **************

Last edited by Valk; 04-14-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:03 PM

New to Crossfire and SKREEM, but years of under the hood experience here. Couple of thoughts/questions:

If would seem that the most direct and permanent solution would be to repair the module. Diagnosing what exactly fails is obviously the first step here. It must be a component failure, since the units are well protected from shock and water...unless it's corrupt firmware or the eprom.
If one was to do a "brute force" repair, would that be replacing the ECU, SKREEM, and keys using a wrecked donor? What else talks to SKREEM?

Please pardon my newbieness.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:33 PM

Hi My name is Stan Cochran and I have a 2005 Coupe. After seeing the prices and availability (none) of this module, I think I would be interested in eliminating it altogether. You mentioned this In your write up. If you could contact me @ 770-289-8231 or cochran.stan@comcast.net.
I would be willing to pay for help and would offer some unique services I possess. I am a custom jeweler specializing in Vintage/Antique Jewelry.
Most importantly, I own a Class 4 YAG Laser Welder that allows me to work on any type of metal. (Titanium/Stainless/Platinum/Gold/Silver and many others)
I work closely with Watchmakers to repair Cases/Bracelet and Clasp repairs on Rolex/Patek-Phillipe and other types of High End Watches as well as everyday pieces.
The reason I share this is my skills are NOT just jewelry related. Any metal piece I can get into the welding chamber, I can usually fix. I am willing to share this with members of the forum that may need something repaired that otherwise will be thrown out. I am doing a firing pin on an Antique Revolver this AM.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Does your screen name indicate you are a Valkyrie Rider?

Old 05-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Whew! What a read! I’m in the process of purchasing a SRT with these issues. Glad this forum is here!

Old 05-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanc770
Does your screen name indicate you are a Valkyrie Rider?
I was a Valkyrie rider for 10 years
I sold it to replace it with this
I had a V65 Magna before the Valkyrie and found this original 1985 and bought it on the spot

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo189.jpg (360.6 KB, 2 views)