Old 12-03-2018, 09:58 AM
RED DOG
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

As you probably know, the cost of getting a new key fob for Crossfires has skyrocketed. Further we are advised that soon they will not be available at all. As you probably also know, there is a little "transponder chip" in the key fob that must be matched to your SKREEM module (or immobilizer) in your car for it to start and run properly. Accordingly, you cannot just simply purchase a new or used key fob from E-Bay (or where ever) install your key blade or a newly cut key blade and have it work to start / run your car. You must also have the correct transponder chip to match your car's electronic anti theft system.

I recently bought several brand new Crossfire key fobs with uncut key blades. These all have a transponder chip inside. Looking at a few of those transponder chips I see that each has three lines of information printed on it.

The first line is: PCF 7930AS This is the same on all of the transponder chips I examined . . .
The second line on the chips is different on the chips I have examined. Examples are: VAUX30 07 and VAUX30 09
The third line on the chips is also different on the chips I have examined. Examples arenD4182 and DnD5132

Which information identifies that particular transponder chip? How many different transponder chips might there be??

If anyone has information / knowledge to add here about these transponder chips, please share your expertise here . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 12-03-2018 at 10:03 AM.