View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 11:22 PM
LibraOct13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stock Amp is 4 channels!

Originally Posted by alexdc
So I should keep the stock amp for the fronts and buy one for the rear? That would be the cheapest option? The only problem is that I want to keep everything stock except the speakers (adding an amp and wires is fine too) but I don't want to modify the basket or plastic trims just in case technology changes one day. I want future proof.

2nd option could be to buy to one 2 channel amp of the front and another for the back?
Sounds like you got the idea, the amp in the car is 4 channels, the front door speakers and door tweeters are on the front 2 channels and there 2 bass speakers behind the seats are on the other 2... All I did was add a small tweeter amp for the door tweeters so I could use the low level out puts on the stereo this gave me more control over lows, mid’s and hi’s... if you are just adding a bass in the back it might be easiest to just ad a amp to the head unit off the bass output... But you could set it up anyway you like from adding to the amp to using 3 new amp, its all up to you... good luck on you project!
Mira