Old 12-06-2018, 12:56 AM
jafaryj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
RED DOG - I do not have a direct answer to your questions, but I recently got involved with the key fob/SKREEM posts on this forum. Bargegeek gave me the name and email address for a company in Canada who does a lot of key work and SKREEM programming. I know that you said your main concern is the key and I thought this company may be able to help you. The company name and email address is the same. Just email Autokeypro.ca and/or look up Autokeypro on the internet.

They were very helpful and quick to reply to my email questions about the SKREEM unit. In hearing from them, I think their main expertise is in key and key fob work.

I hope this will help you and help to resolve your concerns. If you will, let me know how this works for you as I may have the same problem someday.

Good luck,

Jim Holian
Hi Jim,

Thank you for bringing this community to my attention and it was great talking to you over email. Looking forward to contributing to this forum and learning from it.

Hi RED DOG,

To answer your questions, there are at least 40 different kinds of transponder chips, each make and model and year range has specific Immobilizer systems that require specific transponder chips. Don't ask me to list them as there are many but a google search will give you a good idea.

As for how to identify the different chips, the writings on the ceramic transponder can identify it. Other cases where there are no writings, you require a transponder reader and knowledge to know the type of chips they are.

As for creating new keys via SKREEM module, advanced expertise is required to be able to do that job and we have that in house if ever needed. Cloning/Repairing Computer Modules is also part of our in house services. This is open to the crossfire community.

Cheers