Thread: SKREEM Options
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 11:25 PM
Chooch
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Options

Y'all,
Here's something I read while going through the 2004 Crossfire Service Manual that I haven't seen before with regard to replacing the SKREEM:
ZH ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULES - SERVICE INFORMATION 8E - 69
SENTRY KEY REMOTE ENTRY MODULE
Fourth paragraph under OPERATION:

In the event that a SKREEM replacement is required, the secret key code can be transferred to the new SKREEM from the PCM using the DRB IIIT scan tool and the ignition key system replacement programming procedure.
Proper completion of the ignition key system initialization will allow the existing ignition keys to be programmed into the new SKREEM so that new keys will not be required. In the event that the original secret key code cannot be recovered, SKREEM replacement will also require new ignition keys. The DRB IIIT scan tool will alert the technician during the key reprogramming procedure if new ignition keys are required.

So, it appears that there is, or was, a means to code a replacement SKREEM from the PCM??
Does that mean that we really don't need the Chrysler Secret key code list by VIN to program a new SKREEM? Just a DRB IIIT and an intact PCM?
Or, if a DRBIIIT can do it, any of you Auto Software CAN BUS wizards know a way to read the PCM then transfer/write to the SKREEM?

Also, under every BODY VERIFICATION TEST section in the 2004 Service Manual the following note appears:
Note: If the SKREEM or the PCM was replaced, refer to the service information for proper programming procedures.
This concerns me that the PCM might somehow be VIN dependent also, but we should resolve the SKREEM first.

BTW: There are getting to be too many different posts on the SKREEM resolution. Any way to consolidate or centralize???

Cheers,