View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 12:21 PM
ShufStiX
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TO OR NOT TO USE <<e-85

As far as the ME2.8 can handle it would be up to a maximum of 40% E85 safe without adaptive tune. The Bosch is capable to handle that. As for 100% E85 you’ll need to get a tune. In Europe many running E85 to save cash at the pump. We have ridiculous prices. For those who say it will kill the engine well back in 2004 Mercedes made a C320 sedan FFV. FFV as flex fuel version and have same internals as our N/A. I crawled diagrams parts list etc etc and the main difference is the Bosch ME2,8 had a different fuel map and bigger injectors. On my N/A I’m on the work of a conversion. The only thing needed is specific injectors, a tune and AFR reading. That’s my 2 cent for doing it good. Some uses piggy backs and it work but I don’t like to trick the ECU. Regarding fuel lines, and seals they all are from NBR and therefore E100% résistant.

N/A would need 240cc injectors, for normal driving application or 300/330cc injectors for racing use.
SRT6 would need 550cc for normal street use and 730cc for racing application and powergains.

cheers John

The following users liked this post:
redsnake (02-19-2024)