Old 12-29-2018, 07:25 PM
onehundred80
Received 572 Likes on 478 Posts
Default Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Hi Dave, Respectfully, I think you're confused about the function of the circuit board in the key fob. My belief and experience is that the key fob circuit boards are "generic" and can be programmed to any Crossfire so as to lock / unlock / sound the panic alarm (but not to start and run the car) The circuit board is not tied to the SKREEM (disabler) module and is not tied to the "chip" in the key fob that is needed to start and run the car. A working circuit board from any OEM Crossfire key fob (old or new) can be (re)programmed to to work with another Crossfire. I'm not positive about the circuit boards that come with those "cheapie" key fob replacements (the black ones readily available on E-Bay) as my experience with one of those was that I could not program their chip to my Crossfire. Maybe someone else can chime in if they were successful in programming those black replacement key fobs.
I think you have misunderstood what I am trying to achieve.
I realize that the circuit board is just for opening the doors, the trouble is getting one. If we can train a chip and cut a key all we need is a circuit board to complete a fob that works on our cars. Simple.