View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 09:19 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Strange transmission issue

Originally Posted by sirharper
Normally my 2004 Crossfire would be in storage right now but I could not find a nearby storage unit the right size so looks like it's staying out this year.

It was a pretty mild day here in Cincinnati so I tried to take it for a spin. Here's what happened:

Seemed to go into reverse just fine and I backed out. Put it in drive and noticed it was in limp mode. Then I noticed the dash gear indicator still said R with the shifter in D. Was still in my neighborhood so I pulled over and tried to put it in Park..it would only go into N and D with the engine running. I turned the car off and was immediately able to put it back into Park. Started the car again and was able to to go back into D still in limp mode. Fortunately I was able to get back into my driveway but once there I again could not put it back in Park until I turned the car off.

Any obvious thoughts? There are no codes being tripped and no fault lights on.
I had to limp mode on the same basic tranny in a 300 and it was a sticky solenoid in the tranny electrical plate. Limp mode uses 2nd gear only if I recall correctly.