Old 02-06-2019, 09:26 AM
mmcandre
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.

Hi Guys (yup, girlie girl here)...

I hate to jump in on this because I feel like I am going to be blasted.... I bypassed my SKREEM in 2016 and drive EVERY day with my 2005 Crossfire.... I have to lock/unlock at door, have no security system and my map reader light doesn't come on (honestly though, I don't drive at night all that much so not a big deal getting in or out sans interior light). ALL other electronics work. Also, my hatch doesn't lock with my door locks so if you see me parked somewhere (steal whatever you want and if you can fit through the space between the two front seats and the wall behind them and the roof to try to steal the car itself, I feel like you would have anyway even with a locking hatch and an alarm because you are a circus performer to get in, turned around and then actually in the driver's seat to hotwire the darn thing... just saying). I garage park at night and in a locked lot at work all day... I'm good with it in order to drive my car.

Now that I've covered all the inconveniences, HOW did I bypass it? Fuse #9...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...uestion-2.html

So, if this helps ANYONE, yeah!!!! I know there is going to be a LOT of discussion that mine is not a SKREEM issue... that Fuse #9 controls the security... all sorts of 'this isn't your problem/can't work like that' but I'm cool with that... discuss... I'd love for someone to figure out a fix... for me, I just couldn't invest the amount it would have taken to get me back on the road at the time.

What I WOULD suggest is someone TRY this and test for yourself so we have some boots on the ground discussion around this fix/bypass rather than theory on what electronically should work/not work....

Just leaving this here... and still driving the one that cranked twice and left me sit on the 5th level of my work parking deck with no possibility of tow truck getting me out (low ceilings so I HAD to find a fix to get my car running) and after a nervous husband for about the first 2 months of continuing to drive it with that fuse removed and thinking it would leave me sit again, he finally agreed that it was a workaround... by no means perfect but I'm still driving it and loving it.

Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: html
75822-skreem-question-2.html (278.7 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by mmcandre; 02-06-2019 at 10:02 AM.