All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.

We were given misinformation from Mercedes dealerships. They can not order vin specific parts with Chrysler vin numbers(all of our Crossfires ) from the Mercedes key plant in Texas. Only Chrysler dealers can do that. I checked with my local Chrysler dealership today and they are no longer listing those two parts in their system. Whether this is temporary or permanent, they do not know. As of last week, Rob is still able to get both for us. I confirmed the above information before posting this. December 16, 2018. Oh,well.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:23 PM
Default Re: Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.

I had my SKREEM die in 2014 and it was in an unfortunate location and cost me big to have it repaired. It died again in 2017? and I fixed it myself with Robs help for cheap. I thought about buying an extra module at that time, and now the price has gone up and it may be at risk of being unavailable in the future? Makes me think...

Old 12-21-2018, 02:58 PM

That time might already be at hand. We can't get them from either Mercedes-Benz dealerships, Chrysler dealerships no longer list either part , but the did just a month ago, and Ron can still get them for now, but warns us that can end at any time and already has for other similar Mercedes/ Chrysler joint effort vehicles.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mdcrossfire
That time might already be at hand. We can't get them from either Mercedes-Benz dealerships, Chrysler dealerships no longer list either part , but the did just a month ago, and Ron can still get them for now, but warns us that can end at any time and already has for other similar Mercedes/ Chrysler joint effort vehicles.
Must be a way to completely bypass the system, key fob, Skreem, and PCM, I would be happy to lock/unlock my doors with a key and just wire a button to start the car. Adding a remote to just operate the air pump for the doors would be easy.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:27 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by hnikesch
Must be a way to completely bypass the system, key fob, Skreem, and PCM,.
Must be a way for me to get a date with Avril Lavigne...

Old 12-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Must be a way for me to get a date with Avril Lavigne...
Probably, but not on this planet or in this lifetime.😜

Old 12-21-2018, 06:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Come on, Guy's. Crooks are reading our credit cards in our pockets, hackers are stealing money and ID's from the computers, electrical engineers are making cars that can drive themselves, and making everything electrical to scratch our wherever. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and look at all the magic electrical gadgets they have. From ceiling lights to automatic electric furnace's. We can go to Mars, run a robot around Mars, and so on. We can build a space station and return the inhabitants to earth. We have TV's that can rival Buck Rogers of years ago. We have hearing aids that are unbelievable, electric heart pace makers, and on and on. We have windshield wiper's that can turn themselves on at just a light hint of rain. You mean we can't find a way to bypass a SKREEM module and keyfob? So what if we have to lock our cars with a key instead of a button. So what if the anti theft siren won't work (a lot of people will like that). I just can't buy that! Guy's are buying late model crate engines and putting them in hand built 32 Ford's. They start up with no problem. Surely we can bypass a module! We are "preaching to the choir" and not to the people that can do something. Can't we all find someone or some company to address with our problem?

Having done business with "Painless Wiring" in my previous hobby, I will gladly drop them a line to see if they have any ideas. If any of you reading this have any suggestion's, let's hear them We can't just roll over and die! Is electrically locking/unlocking your door that important? A possible source of help, that is also a member on this forum is, "Auto Key Pro" in Hamilton, in Canada. If there would be enough interest he might be able to suggest a way to bypass. Even if we have to do a minor rewiring of the car, it could wind up being less expensive than fooling around with Chrysler/Mercedes. Auto Key Pro's website is "autokeypro.ca

Jim

Old 12-21-2018, 06:48 PM

I hear a bunch of us are working on that rightnow, but

Old 12-21-2018, 06:58 PM

(continued) but it is very integrated system and appears to have been designed to prevent theft....so they made it as difficult as possible to bypass it. Everything Mercedes does is overkill. Just spend afternoon reading over the repair manual for our car.....there is a sensor for everything and it is all interconnected. If one goes out, it throws multiple things off! I could swear I read that the alarm senses 10 different things...glovebox, etc. That is wonderful when you are trying to deter a thief...but hell when the alarm keeps going off because one out of ten alarm sensors goes bad and you have to determine which one it is!

Old 12-21-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mdcrossfire
(continued) I hear a bunch of us are working on that right now, but it is very integrated system and appears to have been designed to prevent theft....so they made it as difficult as possible to bypass it. Everything Mercedes does is overkill. Just spend afternoon reading over the repair manual for our car.....there is a sensor for everything and it is all interconnected. If one goes out, it throws multiple things off! I could swear I read that the alarm senses 10 different things...glovebox, etc. That is wonderful when you are trying to deter a thief...but hell when the alarm keeps going off because one out of ten alarm sensors goes bad and you have to determine which one it is!
You can just go to edit on the first post instead of adding a new post.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 489 Likes on 338 Posts

As more threads regarding SKREEM discussion become created it just makes it that much harder to follow this subject
I could "Merge" all these threads I listed below but it would become difficult to read and follow as a new single thread
Merging threads puts all posts from all threads in chronological order by dates of posts from all threads combined therefore I wont
merge all these

Current status of recent threads discussing the same thing........

SKREEM Options

Possible SKREEM?

Let’s publicly shame the key and SKREEM culprits?

SKREEM unit part number

Bypassing, deactivate "Safety" parts/functions-

SKREEM Module replacement video for the Crossfire

December 2018 Chrysler dealers unable to order our keys or Skteem units

Last edited by Valk; 12-29-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
You mean we can't find a way to bypass a SKREEM module and keyfob?
NO.
No, you can't bypass the SKREEM. Yes, I said it - the answer is NO*. Please, (directed to you and others) please stop posting "Let's bypass the SKREEM", you are simply showing that you have no clue what you are asking others to do. If it was that easy, one of us would have done it the first time our SKREEM failed.

What CAN be done:
You may very well be able to emulate the function of the SKREEM, therefore rendering the Key FOB's RFID chip and the SKREEM itself no longer needed insofar as allowing the car to start and run. This is how I am looking at it, to emulate the sequence that the ECM and SKREEM go thru at startup, that is, to get a device to respond to the ECM with "Key valid, proceed to start routine" when the key is turned to 'on'.

But it is going to take a lot of time for me to learn the CAN BUS architecture as well as OBD-II. So could everyone PLEASE knock of the incessant posting about how "Someone should do something"? And even if I pull it off, I'm still not sure about the arm/disarm of the Central Locking Pump when there is no SKREEM. I may get the car to start, only to find that the security system did not get something IT wanted and the alarm goes off as soon as the tow sensor detects that the car has moved. Are you starting to see how deep this goes? This is going to take a LOT of time - there will be no product or answer in the short term. Six months, perhaps. Unless Josh is way deeper into it than I think, even he (the MASTER) is a long way off. If this can be done, Josh will probably beat me to it. But I want to learn CAN and Arduino anyway so off I go.

Josh Chase is working on it, and I'm working on it. I think others are as well - and any of you can contact any company (several has been mentioned) to see if you can generate any interest in one of them producing such a product. But the product produced will cost hundreds of dollars. I can see, right now, a price for what I envision, of $450 to $500 per emulator if I can produce a working product. How many of you would pay that? How many would sell the car for parts instead of paying that?

*Some of you still think I am wrong. Fine, step up and show me I am wrong. No, don't make a bunch of damn posts that you THINK I am wrong, show me - produce the product.

And for hell's sake, don't post that YOU could do it if you wanted to - because if you are in this thread, then you DO want to do it and we all know it.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 12-21-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Valk
As more threads regarding SKREEM discussion become created it just makes it that much harder to follow this subject
I could "Merge" all these threads I listed below but it would become difficult to read and follow as a new single thread
Merging threads puts all posts from all threads in chronological order by dates of posts from all threads combined therefore I wont
merge all these
I will delete any new threads started regarding the SKREEM module from this point on
I (obviously) agree, Gary.

But as I entered my last post, something occured to me. All the SKREEM threads are actually a good thing. The loud voice of "someone help us" serves a purpose - it drives home the point that a market exists for what I am going to call "The SKREEM Emulator - a low security answer to the high costs and possible lack of parts in maintaining the Crossfire".

Perhaps the threads are good for us - *someone* is going to see these threads and realize there is money to be made here. THAT will get the ball rolling. In fact, $500 per module is what has motivated me.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I (obviously) agree, Gary.

But as I entered my last post, something occured to me. All the SKREEM threads are actually a good thing. The loud voice of "someone help us" serves a purpose - it drives home the point that a market exists for what I am going to call "The SKREEM Emulator - a low security answer to the high costs and possible lack of parts in maintaining the Crossfire".

Perhaps the threads are good for us - *someone* is going to see these threads and realize there is money to be made here. THAT will get the ball rolling. In fact, $500 per module is what has motivated me.
What we have are lots of old SKREEM modules, that have come from scrapped cars, we need an economical method to reset them to our driveable cars.
Maybe some of them have failed due to faulty components, maybe most have failed because of these parts. It would seem to be crazy to replace a part for hundreds of dollars when the problem was a failed part costing cents.
I have a spare from NWings and two used from eBay.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-21-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

That is where that flashy gadget I posted would be handy: construct a mockup and apply. If functional it should flash. Am curious if the flashing is different if the key is coded to it than one that isn't. Might be interesting to capture the flash signal to a storage 'scope.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 489 Likes on 338 Posts

And another thread has been created
Get rid of skreem / security altogether?

Originally Posted by Valk
merge all these

Current status of recent threads discussing the same thing........

SKREEM Options

Possible SKREEM?

Let’s publicly shame the key and SKREEM culprits?

SKREEM unit part number

Bypassing, deactivate "Safety" parts/functions-

SKREEM Module replacement video for the Crossfire

December 2018 Chrysler dealers unable to order our keys or Skteem units

Old 01-28-2019, 12:53 AM

My SKREEM unit has just started acting up and I've been combing everywhere the past couple days to find out the best possible solution. It's been suggested that certain companies can repair/clone SKREEM modules, but nobody has actually reported back and confirmed success in doing so. ModuleGods has been suggested elsewhere in the forum as a provider of a possible fix, and I'll be trying to get in touch with them tomorrow to see what they claim they can do.

In the meantime, I did find some interesting material that might assist in understanding how the modules may be interfaced with and reprogrammed.
See here: https://www.arlabs.com/locksmith_doc.html
The page contains documentation for many different immobilizer and ECU units, including ours ( Mercedes 170 820 18 26 ). See here: Mercedes_170_820_18_26.zip

Although I don't have the hardware or expertise to perform the demonstrated diagnostics, I suspect some of our members here might. Per this thread it seems that there's been interest working on this problem, but progress seems to be uncertain. Hopefully this provides some utility. There seems to be dozens of threads cropping up related to the SKREEM issue, so I'll x-post to the aforementioned thread for visibility.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys (yup, girlie girl here)...

I hate to jump in on this because I feel like I am going to be blasted.... I bypassed my SKREEM in 2016 and drive EVERY day with my 2005 Crossfire.... I have to lock/unlock at door, have no security system and my map reader light doesn't come on (honestly though, I don't drive at night all that much so not a big deal getting in or out sans interior light). ALL other electronics work. Also, my hatch doesn't lock with my door locks so if you see me parked somewhere (steal whatever you want and if you can fit through the space between the two front seats and the wall behind them and the roof to try to steal the car itself, I feel like you would have anyway even with a locking hatch and an alarm because you are a circus performer to get in, turned around and then actually in the driver's seat to hotwire the darn thing... just saying). I garage park at night and in a locked lot at work all day... I'm good with it in order to drive my car.

Now that I've covered all the inconveniences, HOW did I bypass it? Fuse #9...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...uestion-2.html

So, if this helps ANYONE, yeah!!!! I know there is going to be a LOT of discussion that mine is not a SKREEM issue... that Fuse #9 controls the security... all sorts of 'this isn't your problem/can't work like that' but I'm cool with that... discuss... I'd love for someone to figure out a fix... for me, I just couldn't invest the amount it would have taken to get me back on the road at the time.

What I WOULD suggest is someone TRY this and test for yourself so we have some boots on the ground discussion around this fix/bypass rather than theory on what electronically should work/not work....

Just leaving this here... and still driving the one that cranked twice and left me sit on the 5th level of my work parking deck with no possibility of tow truck getting me out (low ceilings so I HAD to find a fix to get my car running) and after a nervous husband for about the first 2 months of continuing to drive it with that fuse removed and thinking it would leave me sit again, he finally agreed that it was a workaround... by no means perfect but I'm still driving it and loving it.

Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: html
75822-skreem-question-2.html (278.7 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by mmcandre; 02-06-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by mmcandre
Hi Guys (yup, girlie girl here)...

I hate to jump in on this because I feel like I am going to be blasted.... I bypassed my SKREEM in 2016 and drive EVERY day with my 2005 Crossfire.... I have to lock/unlock at door, have no security system and my map reader light doesn't come on (honestly though, I don't drive at night all that much so not a big deal getting in or out sans interior light). ALL other electronics work. Also, my hatch doesn't lock with my door locks so if you see me parked somewhere (steal whatever you want and if you can fit through the space between the two front seats and the wall behind them and the roof to try to steal the car itself, I feel like you would have anyway even with a locking hatch and an alarm because you are a circus performer to get in, turned around and then actually in the driver's seat to hotwire the darn thing... just saying). I garage park at night and in a locked lot at work all day... I'm good with it in order to drive my car.

Now that I've covered all the inconveniences, HOW did I bypass it? Fuse #9...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...uestion-2.html

So, if this helps ANYONE, yeah!!!! I know there is going to be a LOT of discussion that mine is not a SKREEM issue... that Fuse #9 controls the security... all sorts of 'this isn't your problem/can't work like that' but I'm cool with that... discuss... I'd love for someone to figure out a fix... for me, I just couldn't invest the amount it would have taken to get me back on the road at the time.

What I WOULD suggest is someone TRY this and test for yourself so we have some boots on the ground discussion around this fix/bypass rather than theory on what electronically should work/not work....

Just leaving this here... and still driving the one that cranked twice and left me sit on the 5th level of my work parking deck with no possibility of tow truck getting me out (low ceilings so I HAD to find a fix to get my car running) and after a nervous husband for about the first 2 months of continuing to drive it with that fuse removed and thinking it would leave me sit again, he finally agreed that it was a workaround... by no means perfect but I'm still driving it and loving it.

Thanks!
No one gets blasted? What a lot of nice people here, we know the SKREEM was not bypassed, the pump (CLP/SSM) in the trunk is not working and that is what triggers the interior lights to go on/off, the turn signals to flash and the locks to operate when the car is locked and unlocked using the fob. Bypassing the SKREEM will stop the car from running for more than a few seconds.
The CLP/SSM does a lot of functions other than what I have mentioned above, it is a busy little blighter.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-11-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Original was a bit ambiguous.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

What a lot of nice people here, we know the SKREEM wS not bypassed, the pump in the trunk is not working and that is what causes the interior lights to go on when the car is locked or unlocked or the trunk or the doors are opened. Bypassing the SKREEM will stop the car from running for more than a few seconds.
Thank you for clarifying this. There's already enough noise and misinformation around this subject. It needs all the moderation it can get.

Quick Reply: Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.