All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Josh Chase is working on it, and I'm working on it. I think others are as well - and any of you can contact any company (several has been mentioned) to see if you can generate any interest in one of them producing such a product. But the product produced will cost hundreds of dollars. I can see, right now, a price for what I envision, of $450 to $500 per emulator if I can produce a working product.
My first time reading about this. I know aftermarket remote starts have to bypass security issues on different cars. I wonder if that avenue might have some possible answers. I have had customers come in that couldn't start their car normally (with their key or key fob), but could remote start (and drive) it.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Current Status of Crossfire key fob and skreem availibility.

Originally Posted by Mdcrossfire
We were given misinformation from Mercedes dealerships. They can not order vin specific parts with Chrysler vin numbers(all of our Crossfires ) from the Mercedes key plant in Texas. Only Chrysler dealers can do that. I checked with my local Chrysler dealership today and they are no longer listing those two parts in their system. Whether this is temporary or permanent, they do not know. As of last week, Rob is still able to get both for us. I confirmed the above information before posting this. December 16, 2018. Oh,well.
Feb.19,2019 Update.....Back in stock at Chrysler dealers but at a much higher cost and longer turn around time then Rob(both key and skreem). Most Chrysler dealers will not install customer provided parts and some say they do not have the equipment to install or program either. I had to laugh at that one. My local independent service manager recently told me he owns a Dodge/Mercedes Sprinter of our vintage, which I now believe you can no longer get keys for. But before Dodge stopped supplying the keys, he was able to get the same Mercedes dealer that turned me down for a key request for my Crossfire to sell him a key for his Sprinter because he works in the industry.