Old 02-23-2019, 01:39 AM
BlakeSwain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Double Din Dash Kit - Teaser - Far from done!

UPDATE:
Rear layer HVAC/DoubleDin has been extruded with its 3D parameters. Once I have a moment, I will be test printing . Now this may look a littler different from the bezel, but this is with a double din modification and can really "throw the eye". The longer pegs towards the bottom of either side, match length of the pegs where the original switches are located. This should line up nicely! Also, since I'll need to accommodate the double din, the single din internal cage needs the bottom removed. I more than likely will design a double din cage that will use the original 1 din open cage and act as a extender guide, further adding structurally.

I believe next I will be drafting/creating the rear layer mount of the ash-tray switch relocation (This will probably be the most complex part yet, given no direct reference to go off of), trying to maintain the use of the 2-4 pegs that are attached with screws to the base dash/floor console base. From past research... I believe 1 if not both of the top screw mounting pegs of the ash tray may have to be removed/altered to allow the full bottom recess to accommodate the double din (and if so, I may try to put a extender and/or shorten-er from the screw locations - hopefully this will allow me enough clearance to not be an issue). Will know more once I have a better overall rendering to play with.
Enjoy!

HVAC/2Din-3DRearLayerDimensionalDesign