Old 03-02-2019, 02:38 PM
dinasrt
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Car making grinding noise when turning the wheels

Originally Posted by Reno08
I don’t think it’s neither the power sterring pump nor pulley. It’s kinda hard to describe the sound best way to put it is it sound and feel like I am driving over rocks. But it feel like it’s coming from the left side.
Perhaps it's time for you to become a bit more proactive with your issue. You could jack the front end up;tires off the ground and stabilize with jack stands. Spin the tires, push and pull the tires from side to side and check for looseness or noise(wheel bearing), have someone turn the steering side to side and look and listen for any noise, push and pull all the steering components,steering stabilizer, ball joints, etc.. You could pull the wheels off and inspect the brake pads, rotors, etc. It's possible that your noise may only happen when the car is down on the ground loaded, but at least you will have given it a good try. It would save you big money if you find the issue and can tell the mechanic what needs to be done, rather than your current relationship with mechanic. And I don't believe you've answered everyone's question about the mileage of your car.