View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 04:40 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Oil Change / Filter Help Please!!!

As I've mentioned in the past, all the more reason for not using any other filter on the XF other than the one you buy over a Chrysler, or Mercedes dealer parts counter "WARRANTY".
If anything even remotely "oil related" ever goes wrong with your car, and you have a Fram, Mobil 1, Toilet paper, or what ever other type of filter you may want to use, you can be sure Chrysler will try to get out of fixing it for free because of it.
Of all the ways people can come up with to save a nickel on the cost of Crossfire ownership. I believe deviating from what type of oil, (Mobil 1, 0- W-30) and what type of filter (aftermarket vs OEM) are the two some owners are taking the biggest gamble on. (next I would say is using a lower octane of fuel).
If owning a Crossfire is making you go over budget every month, then maybe you can cut corners else where in your life. Quit smoking, cut back on the beer intake, cut down on the number of times you stop at "fast food" places, don't buy so many lottery tickets, put off getting that next tattoo, or body piercing, give up drugs, drop cable, work more overtime, etc.
For the enjoyment one gets from owing a Crossfire, it should be well worth giving up any of those other things for.