View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Staterules9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No Fuel Pump Noise at Start Up

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
My notes are in red.
Thank you very much for the feedback.I was writing the post this morning from memory and my trouble shooting was a little rushed because I had to get to work. I've got some more detail to clarify now.

I said the resistance is negligible because it's not a very good multimeter. It is just a free one from Harbor Freight. When I measured the resistance of the fuses it bounced around between 0.6 and 1 ohms. The solder joints did the same so I assumed they were likely good to go, but maybe not.

The fan that was kicking on was not the radiator/engine cooling fan but rather just the small one that is in the housing the RCM resides within. However, when I unplugged the RCM connector to measure the voltage at the pins, the engine cooling fan did ramp up to high speed when the key was turned to the on position. The voltage across the pin 3 to pin 5 was about 5 volts when I manually closed the fuel pump relay. (The battery terminals are measuring 12.07 V across them.) This makes me think the solder joints have gone bad after all and it's cutting the voltage before it can get to the fuel pump. Am I on the right track this time?