View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:02 PM
onehundred80
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Totaled 2004 XF - Heartbroken

Originally Posted by SoonersFan
Hi all! Thanks for being here for me to help me fix my sticky key problem by myself, and make it thru the 2 months of mystery no start. On Wednesday we were involved in a collision, and unfortunately, she didn't make it. Insurance says she's totaled. Confused as to whether sell her to a scrap yard (tears) or dismember her and sell her that way. My mechanic wants to give me $500 for the engine. Fair? Can you make money scraping her yourself? I can probably make a deal with my mechanic if so. He a Mercedes guy. Anyway, please let me know your thoughts. It has the red/black leather inside, perfect condition, no peeling paint anywhere. Damn, im going to miss her!!! Thank you!

SoonersMo
There was a post on here the other day and the poster said he had made $8,000 on selling the parts. Of course it all depends on what you pay your insurance company for the wreck. A car of mine was wrecked and the insurance company offered me some money, I told them it was not enough but that money plus my wreck would settle the deal. They agreed and I came out of it OK. Basically I sold the trim, and lights and a few other items. You need somewhere to strip the car which can be a problem, the mechanic might be the solution there.