Thread: SKREEM question
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 09:02 PM
LMarshall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM question

Thanks so much for posting about fuse #9! It works!!! The Mercedes mechanic did it for us, he said it had to cycle through a few times, but after disconnecting the battery, removing fuse #9, he got it going. Running great now.

Originally Posted by mmcandre
okay, so just happened upon the SKREEM threads and luckily upon the 'remove fuse #9 remedy" to keep me from having to tow it home (although not sure how I would have even gotten a tow out of the parking garage I was parked in at the time... anyway)... CF is home in my garage now without Fuse #9 in place.

Question is... if I am not concerned with my alarm system (siren has been turned off since I bought it 4 yrs ago anyway), the key fob functioning (will just deal with unlocking it manually) or the interior lights (not that functional or bright anyway and always have my phone which I can light whatever I need to see if it's dark out)... what is the harm in simply leaving Fuse #9 out permanently so I don't have to deal with the replacement of the SKREEM module? (Or trying to find a technician who has experience with a Crossfire). Any downsides other than those I've mentioned???

Thanks for potentially developing a work around to having to inform my husband that we need to take my baby to a dealership and drop a sizable check to keep me happy.

Thanks for any insight.