Old 03-29-2019, 01:44 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts
Default Re: "Rebuilding the convertible top hydraulic system"

Originally Posted by KeithTexas
Very nice photos showing your new switch. I’m still trying to get the original top switch to work before I go with your solution or try a tilt switch.

Concerning the locked trunk, I posted this last year:
My convertible top got out of sync two days ago and the trunk was locked. (I had just put my laptop computer in the trunk and it messed me up for a meeting when I couldn't get it out.) I've got a 2005.

I went in through the passenger side license plate light opening. With a long screwdriver, I was able to push on something that looks like a white bellows unit. As soon as the screwdriver deflected the bellows a little, the trunk was unlocked. Sometimes I get lucky when I don't know what I'm doing...but not very often.

Once it was unlocked, I followed Pizzaguy's instructions for resetting the convertible top computer by manually raising and lowering the top three times with the engine running. It's back to "normal" again.

Hang in there.

I couldn’t get my top to work until I had the two main lifting cylinders rebuilt by TopHydraulics.

I would think a tilt switch would be horrible due to hills, bumps, turns, and such. Who knows what problems you would have with anything but level?