Thread: Headlight help
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 04:45 PM
ZERACER
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Re: Headlight help

Okay, I replaced my passenger side headlight. It took about 1 1/2 hours but was not a bad as I thought. The first thing I did was jack up the car and remove the wheel. I then dropped the lower engine cover and removed the front fender well liner from the wheel well. The engine cover must be removed to get at two fasteners to the frame for the liner. They are up inside. After removing the liner it was easy to get to the two bottom bolts for the light and the two on top. Unfortunately it seems impossible to get the light out at that point so I loosened the front bumper so I could pull it down a bit allowing the light to clear. It is only three fasteners. There is one under the hood right next to head headlight fastener and two up inside that attach it to the fender. They can be easily reached with a long extension through the opening made by removing the fender well cover. Then pull down again to insert the new headlight and reinstall everything in reverse of removal. It is a bit time consuming but not hard.