Old 04-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Moore2575
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking to buy - pricing is all over the place!

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
First off, I (personally) would not buy a car that has been wrecked. Maybe that's just me. There's a danger of hidden damage that could cost you more than the difference you pay now for an undamaged car. Secondly, you should take into account what the perspective car has in the way of add on's and upgrades. Things like oil catch cans, new brakes and rotors, new battery, new siren module, extra keys, SKREEM module replacement, new tires, maybe new wheels, etc., etc.. These little things add up to a bit of money. Then there is the overall appearance of the car, the paint and polish, the interior. No worn spots on the seats, the floors, and has the headliner been replaced. Crossfire's are pretty bad at having the headliner start to fall down. That take's about another $300.00 to replace. (Don't ask).

There are Crossfire's for sale around the country that are in very good to excellent condition. You can pay five to six thousand and have a basket full of problems. That's probably why the owner is asking that price instead of eight or nine thousand. If he has a good car, he know's it and probably prices it accordingly. If it's a lesser priced vehicle, be cautious. I'm not saying that there are no good deals out there, but have someone go with you and check out the car. Ask to see any repair bills the owner has, if he will show them to you.

I wish you good luck and welcome to the Crossfire Forum. You will find all kinds of GOOD advice on here and will save you a lot of money in the long run. One piece of advice you will see often is, Don't take your car to a dealership for any work. They are nicknamed STEALERSHIP'S for a reason. Find a good import car repair shop, one who is very familiar with Mercedez cars to help you or work on your Crossfire.

Jim
you say that as if you were to pay $8000 or $9000 u wont get a basket full of problems even people that pay twice that much can get a basket full of problems. As far as wrecks go its sometimes impossible to tell if its been wrecked or not , even with a carfax report you still might not know.