Thread: Air Bag light
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 11:58 PM
Hawk Monster
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air Bag light

CRossfires at White Sands NM what color is missing?

Well I am aware some of you have very negative feelings to dealer support and pricing but this is how I solved the problem. Before I chased and replaced parts that may not be the issue. I took the car into the dealer to see if it was the computer module or why the light was on. They confirmed it was the module. Prior to going there I researched a possible replacement. Found a refurbished replacement for $350 plus shipping.

So I was totally prepared to do the job myself because I had read some horror stories of dealer pricing, etc. By the way I called three Chrysler dealers within 150 miles of me and not one of them wanted to work on the Crossfire. There was only one dealer left and they said they could test the system with their computer system. Only issue was their Crossfire tech was semi retired and only worked two days a week.

After they did the diagnostic I asked how much to fix it. They said a NEW module from Mercedes in Germany would take two to three weeks and the price was $700 out the door. I thought for a second and said order the part and call me when it comes in to setup the replacement. My thinking was simply a NEW vs refurnished part, $350 in labor was worth my time so I could spend time on my other roadsters, getting the garden in shape after the winter or doing some agility training with my Dobermans.

Honestly, I considered their price to be honest and fair. So not all dealers are a rip off. Hope my experience helps the next person.

Last edited by Hawk Monster; 04-22-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Typing