View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 09:39 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Anti theft issue

Originally Posted by JerryL
Came out from a store and noticed my fob would not unlock the door. Inserted my key and when it unlocked, the alarm went off. Car would not even turn over. Tried re-booting the computer by disconecting the battery cables for 10 seconds then reattached to the battery. Car did turn over but only ran for a couple seconds. Local shop says it's the anti theft module which unfortunately is on national backorder for 2 to 3 months! They suggested try getting a new key from a Chrysler dealer ($600) and see if that will start the car. Dealer says it takes 2 weeks to get the laser cut key and that it must be programmed, but the local shop says the car can start without being programmed, but you would not be able to use the fob. Any ideas, suggestions??
A new key can be programmed by yourself in 10 seconds and the fob will then work, dealers want $100 for this service.
I doubt your key is the problem. If you can start the car two or three times after it stops running and repeat that cycle after disconnecting the battery it points to a SKREEM failure. Forget the anti hoist button.
Do not blindly throw money looking for the solution.