Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Anti theft issue

Old 04-29-2019, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti theft issue

Came out from a store and noticed my fob would not unlock the door. Inserted my key and when it unlocked, the alarm went off. Car would not even turn over. Tried re-booting the computer by disconecting the battery cables for 10 seconds then reattached to the battery. Car did turn over but only ran for a couple seconds. Local shop says it's the anti theft module which unfortunately is on national backorder for 2 to 3 months! They suggested try getting a new key from a Chrysler dealer ($600) and see if that will start the car. Dealer says it takes 2 weeks to get the laser cut key and that it must be programmed, but the local shop says the car can start without being programmed, but you would not be able to use the fob. Any ideas, suggestions??

Old 04-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Anti theft issue

Don't know if this will work for you, but the same thing happened to me. I disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes , then I was able to start the car and the fob worked again. My battery was 5 years old so I replaced it. No problems since. Good luck.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try turning your "tow away" switch off and on a few times. Perhaps someone bumped into your car and the car thinks it's being stolen

Old 04-30-2019, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for tne quick responses....I will try the 10 minute disconnect first and see if that helps.
As far as the response on the theft switch...where is that located?

Old 04-30-2019, 06:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryL
Thanks for tne quick responses....I will try the 10 minute disconnect first and see if that helps.
As far as the response on the theft switch...where is that located?
just search on here for Skreem module. there is a wealth of information, including a company who claims to be able to "clone" them.
Needswings has new Skreem modules, however I think they are now in the $6-700 range !

Old 04-30-2019, 09:39 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryL
Came out from a store and noticed my fob would not unlock the door. Inserted my key and when it unlocked, the alarm went off. Car would not even turn over. Tried re-booting the computer by disconecting the battery cables for 10 seconds then reattached to the battery. Car did turn over but only ran for a couple seconds. Local shop says it's the anti theft module which unfortunately is on national backorder for 2 to 3 months! They suggested try getting a new key from a Chrysler dealer ($600) and see if that will start the car. Dealer says it takes 2 weeks to get the laser cut key and that it must be programmed, but the local shop says the car can start without being programmed, but you would not be able to use the fob. Any ideas, suggestions??
A new key can be programmed by yourself in 10 seconds and the fob will then work, dealers want $100 for this service.
I doubt your key is the problem. If you can start the car two or three times after it stops running and repeat that cycle after disconnecting the battery it points to a SKREEM failure. Forget the anti hoist button.
Do not blindly throw money looking for the solution.