View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 03:32 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: 50K mile maintenance on SRT6

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat

Also, my experience. I bought two old low mile Concordes for my kids and did the transmission fluid service at Chrysler dealer. within 1 to 2 months both experienced transmission failures. Spent the rest of my years tyring to fix those and finally got rid of the cards. So I am very reluctant to to do any transmission fluid service on cars. My understanding is draining trans fluid can cause junk to circulate and that got into some other parts which I replaced a couple of times for several $hundreds.
I had a ‘93 Concorde and a ‘95 LHS and a friend had a ‘94 one model below the Concorde, I cannot recall the name at the moment. His car suffered major transmission failure in the first year and my LHS had just a solenoid failure. It seems that these cars suffered more than average major tranny failures, I think I was lucky.
I still think these cars for all their faults, AC, tranny and wiring, were great cars, my 2007 300 however was a monumental piece of garbage. I replaced it with a Hyundai, great little car.