View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 01:13 PM
RL67037
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Won’t Start

Originally Posted by Cmilo3751

Many many many thanks

Ok I test for current at the pulse module at 1F turn the key and lights up release the key the light turns off in a second or two.
Went to the C106 connector #4 and #6 and found when the key is turn to start there is current.

I’m thinking I have a bad starter.

Tell me what you think or I’m missing something else.

You have been great you really know that car. Thanks again

Cmilo - did this turn out to be a bad starter? If so, before the starter gave out, did it give you any indication that it was getting weak? Mine is doing the same thing and I have already sent my RCM to DJ for a complete rebuild. He gave it a clean bill of health but I still get the "all lights on but no crank" symptom when I try to start the car. My next step was to check the pulse module.

In my case, the car (SRT) started just fine like it always had and I drove the car to a car show and parked it. It sat for about 5 hours. I came out to leave and got the "all lights work but no-crank" symptom. I had done the RCM resolder years ago but thought that I didn't do a good job so I pulled it out and soldered the 3 contacts again. Still no joy. Sent the RCM to DJ and asked for a complete rebuild thinking that some relays had gone bad. He said it worked fine when he got it, but did what I asked and it worked fine (again) in his car. Still didn't work in my car. Put a charger on the battery to make sure it was fully charged and still got nothing. After searching on here I saw that the pulse module might be suspect and then I found this thread.

Would like to know what the final outcome of your problem ended up being.

Thanks!!