View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:14 PM
RougeXF05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Newbie*** Central Locking Issue

Hello all,

First off there is a lot of good information in this forum and all you guys rock with finding solutions to some strange problems. Now I'm here to add to the madness

I purchased a 2006 Crossfire Roadster a few weeks ago and I knew the car issues from the beginning but with the help of this forum, I figured I would have no issue resolving all of the small issues that the car has. The major issue which needs to be fixed as quickly as possible is the central locking system. The car will not lock or unlock with the key fob, I have to use the key to manually unlock the driver's door. The central switch only works if the car is switched on. The auto lock and unlock work fine just when I turn the key to the off position the switch on the console no longer responds. If I try to use the key fob the lights flash but no noise from the security pump. I read in another thread about the tow theft control module could be the culprit. I ordered an exact replacement from eBay and switched the module out to have no change in the operation of the locking system. I then removed both of the tow theft modules from the vehicle and no change. When the key is switched on I can hear the pump run when I toggle the switch on the console. I checked fuse #9 in the fusebox and it was fine but I replaced it anyway... I'm now at a loss as to what to do.

Any thoughts on what to do next? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.