Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

***Newbie*** Central Locking Issue

Old 07-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Newbie*** Central Locking Issue

Hello all,

First off there is a lot of good information in this forum and all you guys rock with finding solutions to some strange problems. Now I'm here to add to the madness

I purchased a 2006 Crossfire Roadster a few weeks ago and I knew the car issues from the beginning but with the help of this forum, I figured I would have no issue resolving all of the small issues that the car has. The major issue which needs to be fixed as quickly as possible is the central locking system. The car will not lock or unlock with the key fob, I have to use the key to manually unlock the driver's door. The central switch only works if the car is switched on. The auto lock and unlock work fine just when I turn the key to the off position the switch on the console no longer responds. If I try to use the key fob the lights flash but no noise from the security pump. I read in another thread about the tow theft control module could be the culprit. I ordered an exact replacement from eBay and switched the module out to have no change in the operation of the locking system. I then removed both of the tow theft modules from the vehicle and no change. When the key is switched on I can hear the pump run when I toggle the switch on the console. I checked fuse #9 in the fusebox and it was fine but I replaced it anyway... I'm now at a loss as to what to do.

Any thoughts on what to do next? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:24 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: ***Newbie*** Central Locking Issue

So when you got into the right rear "well area" where the central locking control pump is at, did you find water in there?

If your central locking control pump "runs" when you hit the lock / unlock button but does not lock / unlock everything (doors / fuel door / and on roadsters the center console lid) then you likely have a break in one of the air lines (yellow tubing). You should be able to hear where the air is leaking and track down the leak in the air line(s). Good luck . . .

Enjoy your Crossfire!

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-11-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:41 AM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

Have you synchronized your FOBs? Aim the transmitter eye at the vehicle and briefly press either the Lock or Unlock button twice. Within 30 seconds, insert the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON/RUN position. That should resynchronize the FOB to your car.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by zip439
Have you synchronized your FOBs? Aim the transmitter eye at the vehicle and briefly press either the Lock or Unlock button twice. Within 30 seconds, insert the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON/RUN position. That should resynchronize the FOB to your car.
You do not have to point the red eye at anything, it is only used to check the battery condition.
These fobs work on the radio wave band, not on an infra red band if it did you would need a clear line of sight to the car from the fob and you know that is not required.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
So when you got into the right rear "well area" where the central locking control pump is at, did you find water in there?

There is no water in the rear well area. The pump is tucked away in a foam "pouch"

If your central locking control pump "runs" when you hit the lock / unlock button but does not lock / unlock everything (doors / fuel door / and on roadsters the center console lid) then you likely have a break in one of the air lines (yellow tubing). You should be able to hear where the air is leaking and track down the leak in the air line(s). Good luck . . .

The pump runs and locks/ unlocks everything only when the key is in the on position. The engine does not have to be running for this to happen. When the key is in the off position nothing happens at all.

Enjoy your Crossfire!
Thanks for your help!

Old 07-11-2019, 09:56 PM

Update

Today in between classes I attempted to sync my keyfob. While the key was in the ignition I pressed the lock button on the remote which locked all doors including the trunk, center console, and gas cover. After doing this the theft light began to flash about every second or two and I could hear behind the dash a "clicking sound" looked outside the vehicle and discovered that the park lights were flashing as if the alarm was activated. I was able to start the car and the flashing continued until I switched the ignition off then back on to the accessory position and pressed the unlock button on the keyfob when all doors unlocked. Keyfob still does not activate the locks unless I have the key in the accessory position.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by RougeXF05
Update

Today in between classes I attempted to sync my keyfob. While the key was in the ignition I pressed the lock button on the remote which locked all doors including the trunk, center console, and gas cover. After doing this the theft light began to flash about every second or two and I could hear behind the dash a "clicking sound" looked outside the vehicle and discovered that the park lights were flashing as if the alarm was activated. I was able to start the car and the flashing continued until I switched the ignition off then back on to the accessory position and pressed the unlock button on the keyfob when all doors unlocked. Keyfob still does not activate the locks unless I have the key in the accessory position.
You were told how to sync the fob in post#3 but did it another way. 🙄

Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You were told how to sync the fob in post#3 but did it another way. 🙄

I followed the instructions in post #3 exactly as written. however when I checked to see if it had worked and discovered that did not remedy my issue. I took it a step further and pressed the lock button while the key was in the ignition... sorry if I did not clarify that.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

So the Fob locks and unlocks doors when you are in the car, but it doesn't work when you are outside the Car??
How old are the batteries in the FOB?
Perhaps a fresh set of FOB batteries would give you a stronger radio pulse to lock/unlock from outside the car.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Received 376 Likes on 326 Posts

Please re-read this carefully.

1. Briefly press either the Lock or Unlock button twice.
2. Within 30 seconds, insert the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON/RUN position.

The FOB is now synchronized.

When you put new batteries in the FOB, the lettering should be up towards the cover. Both of them.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:14 PM

The keyfob works outside the vehicle but only the lights flash. If I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the accessory position I can use the buttons on the fob and the locks will then work. If I turn the key to the off position and try to use the fob the only response from the car is a double or single flash from the turn signals. I have resynced my keyfob three times according to the instructions given to me and that has not solved anything.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:24 PM

The keyfob works outside the vehicle but only the lights flash. If I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the accessory position I can use the buttons on the fob and the locks will then work. If I turn the key to the off position and try to use the fob the only response from the car is a double or single flash from the turn signals. I have resynced my keyfob three times according to the instructions given to me and that has not solved anything.
Seemingly the security module in the trunk is getting power only when the accessories are powered. So my thought is that the security module does not have power to it with the ignition OFF. It could be another part that should be powered up all the time but I cannot think what that could be.
Look for water in and around the security module, water is an enemy of these modules and has caused all kinds of troubles

Old 07-12-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Seemingly the security module in the trunk is getting power only when the accessories are powered. So my thought is that the security module does not have power to it with the ignition OFF. It could be another part that should be powered up all the time but I cannot think what that could be.
Look for water in and around the security module, water is an enemy of these modules and has caused all kinds of troubles
I checked in the rear right side of the trunk and that area is surprisingly bone dry. We have had quite a bit of rain here in the central Florida area.

It is a bit confusing as obviously, the car is receiving the signal from the keyfob it just not being translated into an action.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:27 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I checked in the rear right side of the trunk and that area is surprisingly bone dry. We have had quite a bit of rain here in the central Florida area.

It is a bit confusing as obviously, the car is receiving the signal from the keyfob it just not being translated into an action.
Have you looked over the schematics and how those devices are powered? On the locking module itself do you have power at all the specified pins? Rodent chewed wires causes strange symptoms like water does, any evidence of that? Are all grounds tight?

Old 05-27-2021, 05:02 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Hello all,
I have read all the post on here about unique locking and unlocking problems.
I know my buzzer is shot ordering the part off of Amazon if I can’t get the batteries to fix it. I posted that on the other thread for that.
To my question is it normal for the SRT to automatically lock its doors after 45 seconds of inactivity?
Mine does this. I unlock everything two presses of the unlock button on the fob. After 45 seconds and I timed it three times it is exactly 45 seconds the car locks itself back up no flashing lights no nothing. It is not the pneumatic lock because the handle on the trunk is not stiff.
Any help or comments if I am unclear on what is occurring is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-27-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Doc78
Hello all,
I have read all the post on here about unique locking and unlocking problems.
I know my buzzer is shot ordering the part off of Amazon if I can’t get the batteries to fix it. I posted that on the other thread for that.
To my question is it normal for the SRT to automatically lock its doors after 45 seconds of inactivity?
Mine does this. I unlock everything two presses of the unlock button on the fob. After 45 seconds and I timed it three times it is exactly 45 seconds the car locks itself back up no flashing lights no nothing. It is not the pneumatic lock because the handle on the trunk is not stiff.
Any help or comments if I am unclear on what is occurring is greatly appreciated.
If you open a door or doors after locking the car, the locks will not automatically lock themselves. This is a safety feature in case you unlock the car but decide not to get in it and possibly walk away leaving the car unlocked. The trunk handle is disconnected and therefore floppy when locked.
All the locks are pneumatically operated, the drivers lock can be operated with the key as well.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-27-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:58 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks got it! Just making sure I’m normal!