View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 03:52 PM
dynamicS
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler 3.5 V6 motor

Originally Posted by HDDP
agree, but I'm afraid of the electronics swap, even with mine as gutted as it is, all I can imagine is having the bright shiny AMG motor and blower installed and listening to it crank, crank, crank.

Silly as it may sound, I'm thinking of dropping a TC Ford 289 with drivetrain into the car when I blow the 170 engine (eventually) that way I don't have to fiddle with a bunch of crazy computer programming. And performance parts are cheap and readily available. the dimensions of the engine will work within the bay.

I estimate 350 hp for less than 7k with a 289.
Well it doesn't sound like a bad idea...
I personally don't mind all the electronics during a swap, and enjoy learning about the aftermarket ECU's, but I've yet to price the SRT6 engine, and I'm sure even with a 20% discount at the dealer it will cost me $5,000 in the crate. throw in the stand alone ECU and misc parts, and the total is about $7,000.
How much is a Kleenman conversion anyways?

Who knows if the stock 6 speed can handle an extra 110 hp? If you throw in that 289, I wonder if the rear end can hold together under the extra torque? You might be better off searching for another car, could get a used late model Mustang GT with all the factory beefy parts installed and ready to go, then gut the sucker. If that's not enough they are easy to Supercharge with their huge aftermarket following.

Last edited by dynamicS; 08-26-2006 at 04:03 PM.