View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 03:02 PM
RL67037
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Starter wont engage.

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Forget the battery as it sounds OK to me. My battery failed once and I just heard clicking noises.
Have you checked for any codes that have been set, I am not sure if that starting circuit sets any codes, look though.
The pulse module should run for 3 or 4 seconds,I’ll check that figure. If the car starts the pulse module is switched off.
A failure of the pulse module will set a code B1421 if I have got the number correct.
Always check for fault codes before throwing time, money and frustration at a problem.
Thanks Dave - I just checked the codes with Torque Pro, the app shows that no codes are present in the ECU.

I was reading some other Pulse Module posts that Pizza Guy chimed in on and he was making references to the Power Control Module (PCM) and the ECM (I believe) being important in the starting cirsuit. I don't see the ECM in the diagrams, but Mark had posted a pic from the training manual that showed it. The fact that I am getting a 12VDC blip from the Pulse Module and then it drops to nothing, I am wondering if the time relay in the Pulse Module failed or does the Pulse Module timing come from the PCM?

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ng-signal.html
Post #19