View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 04:53 PM
lotsofspareparts
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: What diagnostic scanner to buy?

Originally Posted by ttmmdd
You're right. there are many of these cars that get 200,000 miles. I've got one and I love the way it looks and drives. I've had several corvettes and they were too heavy and not as fast as one would hope. This is a disgusting time for a crossfire owner but maybe that's the time to buy. The fix will come when someone figures out how to hack the engine control module into thinking its happy all the time. No one knows what percentage of the Skreems go bad or what causes them to do so. I bought mine while I was ignorant of all these facts; I just wanted to make you aware that there are issues that, at this time, are out of our control.
Trust me, I have done a lot of searching and reading of the problems that these cars can have.

It's like anything else though, you can't let a hypothetical make you nervous.

Just can't help the fact that I love the timeless exterior styling and can't wait to drive the car I'm looking at. Financing is all set up and as long as it doesn't burst into flames on the test drive, it's coming home with me. Even my wife is excited about it. She likes quirky cars too..... but not the same ones I like... She likes Pacers and Chevettes and Subaru Brats, etc.

Thanks for the ideas on the scanners guys, if anyone else is using something not mentioned, let me know. It would be great to have a few to compare.

Jared