View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 07:16 PM
lotsofspareparts
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Worlds Cheapest V8 Swap

IT RUNS!!! It also has all of the classic XF issues. Sagging headliner, TPMS light is on, cupholder is broken, drivers seat heater doesn't work.

It didn't want to start initially, took a few tries. Had a couple of lifters making noise for a few minutes but they quieted down.

Discovered it has about 182k miles on it.... PO thought and listed it as having 200k. Close enough I guess.

Aired up the tires, dumped in a bottle of Heet, and headed for the gas station.

Transmission shifts great!!

I filled it up and dumped in a bottle of Lucas and I hit the highway. Goes down the road straight, and I do have to say that the suspension components on these cars seem to age well. Maybe a little bit softer of a ride than my 62k mile XF.... but very surprised with how it drove.

Stopped and grabbed 4 new batteries for both of the key fobs, they both work. Then it was off to the car wash.

It has had brakes put on it in the last few hundred miles I would say... new rotors, calipers, and pads. Whomever did it didn't bleed the brakes properly and the pedal is VERY mushy. I'm going to start bleeding the brakes here in a few minutes.

Anyways, that's what I have for now.... probably going to hit the highway with it again after I'm done with the brakes!!

Jared