Old 01-26-2020, 08:52 PM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: Exterior Lights Stay On When Switched Off

Originally Posted by JOE'S BLACK SRT6
The side markers, fog lights, and parking lights remain on after being switched off (and ignition is turned off). After about 10 minutes I pulled several of the corresponding fuses to keep from draining the battery.

Separately, perhaps, my central locking pump has been down for 6-8 weeks, apparently after the rear tub flooded. There has been a smell of melted plastic after driving that I can't quite place, too. With an occasional exhaust-like smell (like she's burning too rich) to boot, I'm destined for an extensive and expensive diagnostic shop visit in the near future.

I imagine the locks not working and the melted plastic smell might be related, but the lights malfunction just started tonight. I need to fix the lights quickly for obvious reasons, so if anyone has had the same problem, please let me know if you found a practical solution.

I've read many useful and money-saving ideas on the forum over the years, but unfortunately I cannot contribute much to helping others because I'm still learning myself.
Thank you to forum posters past, present, and future for your insights.

2005 Crossfire Coupe SRT6 65K miles.
The locking pump causes the lights to time out after 10 seconds or so. I am not sure what lights you have that stay on after you switch of the lights.
Maybe the Owners Manual will tell you what lights should stay on, this is for security reasons so you are not left in the dark. My car is set up for the Canadian regulations, and frankly I could not list what lights are left on.