View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 11:16 PM
lotsofspareparts
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Worlds Cheapest V8 Swap

Originally Posted by amx1397
that sounds like a great project (swap) who is doing the electronics
Josh Chase is rebuilding my ECU, and then he will code it via TeamViewer after I re-install it.

The last 2 things I was waiting for arrived today. O2 sensor bungs for the head pipes.

Used items I have collected for the swap were the C43 exhaust manifolds, CL500 engine harness, S430 Engine Cover/Airbox, S430 TB Elbow, 74mm TB, clutch fan, and the upper radiator hose.

Things I purchased new are, radiator shroud, lower radiator hose, 14" pusher electric fan, exhaust manifold gaskets, the MB Star C4 Xentry program with multiplexer., and the aforementioned O2 bungs.

I bought new spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, injector O-rings, and both idler pulleys as needed maintenance items.

I also pulled the A/T from the wrecked 93k mile XF at my local Pick-N-Pull. Better to have it and not need it I always say. I still have a spare transmission for my 05 Hemi Ram 4x4. Had 81k when I bought it 10 years ago, 160k now..... tranny still works fine.

My budget was $3k..... but that was before I decided to buy another car!! I am just over $3k including the car, with another $100-$150 to spend on oil/filter, antifreeze, rags, crap like that.

I'm getting pretty anxious to do the swap. I have an 88 C4 Corvette Roadster that I love, and it occurred to me that my XF will have more RWHP than my Vette has for FWHP.

Jared