View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Xenial
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Drink Spill In Gear Shifter

Originally Posted by g wheels
You are the one to ask then. When I select a shift position I can see the unit beneath the bezel tilt to the left as though it isn't fastened down. Once the lever is in position the unit goes level again. Can you tell me what I need to do to make the shifter stationary during selection? Thanks.
There shouldn't be any play in the gear shifter, or the unit itself. If you can post a short video, or pictures showing what you mean it would help with identifying. Otherwise, it sounds like maybe a bolt or fastener could be lose.

The process of taking apart the interior is very easy. I posted a few videos below for you. The first two videos are extremely similar modules(Mercedes) that the crossfire has and will help with understanding how to take the shift mechanism apart and what goes where, and does what. The third video is Crossfire specific and will show you the interior break down. (Very easy)

The whole process can take you less than 10 minutes , even less if you are better with tools than myself, because I'm not great.
​​​​

Gear Shifter Breakdown

Crossfire Interior Removal

Last edited by Xenial; 02-12-2020 at 09:54 AM.