View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 06:59 PM
phil alvirez
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: understanding the fuse box

i have been struggling, trying to understand why after coloring a chart and checking at the car the real fuse box, things didnt match.
it was until, when searching, found a thread where it is discussed. see https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...fuse-list.html -see post 2
pizzaguy said: Careful. THe fuse positions and assignments vary based on year and trim level.
still will try to post some specific.
the best advice i can give is: check that the fuses match the card in the fuse box for your specific car.
dont use the data on the posts like those i show at the beginning. they dont match.
my concern is that if i use a fuse that is of more capacity, the system may overcharge and burn something. (i have seen cars burning, and that could be due to this).
if of less, it may blow without need, but this is not so bad. still, would like to do just what is supposed to be the capacity that has been designed for-and tested.
and whoever designed this with sense of responsibility should check that both sources match. but i may be asking too much, isnt it?

Last edited by phil alvirez; 04-02-2020 at 02:54 AM.